Nov 10, 2007

I'm Fine--I Just Can't See A Darned Thing Anymore!

My dear sweet friend Kelly (who just passed her National Teaching Boards---hooray! I've got a smart bf, so yeahhh!) emailed me this morning. She's worried about me. And so I break my weekend retreat because I want her (and all my wonderfully made blogfriends) to know I'm fine. Perfectly fine! I'm worn out on the edges, but we all are.

I spent yesterday zipping up and down I-435 due to a mix-up with meeting the printer who's printing some promotional items for our church. My fault, I don't check my cell messages. But finally made the meetup and got the goods. Sit in a busy Quick Trip parking lot for 30-40 minutes during the lunch hour. See if you don't feel self-conscious. I talked to Chuck, our pastor/friend, on the phone and told him if I wait any longer I'm eventually going to hear ' Hey lady! How much?'!

I'm still in my pj's, recovering from the QT trauma. I didn't pick up typing for the first time in awhile. I plan on cleaning my bathroom, working on some church business (did that sound cool or what?! they gave me a little business to work on--and it makes me giggle!).

John's taking down the wallpaper in the middle part of the shared tub/toilet area between the boys' rooms. That' s for Gigi--she's coming with her family to stay a few days--hooray! So even though she might not be able to see anymore (stupid ear drops!). But J can, so we want it to be nice. I think I'll give them the boys' rooms. Their little ones can have Alex's room and they can sleep in Cody's room. He has a full bed, but it's a platform bed. So Gi, you'll have to roll out onto your hands and knees and pop up in the morning. You're young, you can. That way they have their own private bath space and the boys can get to them quickly if they need to.

I'm also working on getting used to my bifocals today. I'm not sure they have enough space on them for reading--so I need to keep trying. Last night at our church small group study, I was bobbing my head up and down, leaning sideways...trying to get a grip on these so I could follow along. I don't think it was disruptive, but when I had the book upside down under the table and was lying on the chair, head on the floor and legs over the back of the seat, I sensed a little discomfort amongst the group. I'll figure them out, but I feel like I need a disclaimer on my shirt--"Don't fear me. I'm bifocal challenged". Something like that, idk. I think they make my lips look bigger. Or maybe they are bigger and I didn't know until I had these little truth seekers on my nose. How serious does this photo look! Hehe, I'm going to get some 'hey she might be smart' mileage.

Now, I'm thinking I need to shower, dress and get that bathroom started! When we bought the house, we were thinking 'wow very cool, look at all this bathroom space!'. Now...I believe it's not the space, it's how I use it and how accountable I am with my things. I don't have more makeup, nope. I don't have more perfumes and sprays and tools. I just have more space, which to me translates to 'no need rushing around to clean this up, I see a spot down there I can throw this in!'. Pshh--next time I move, I'm going to ask for a trial month first.

11 Comments:

D... said...

Seriously, I LOVE the glasses on you. You look fantabulous in them. I mean it!!!

When I 1st got my new glasses, it was a big adjustment. Things were lopsided because one eye is better than the other. I'd say it took me a good 2 weeks or so to feel comfortable wearing them.

You look great!

Stacey said...

LOL, thanks D! And that's just it--one eye didn't need any correction for distance, so it's so weird!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

You look great!!! I'm so excited to come visit. I can't believe you're bootin' the boys out for us!! Cody and Alex are going to hate us...hope not??

Anonymous said...

Those glasses look so cool on you! You can't even tell they're bifocals!

Anonymous said...

Stacey,
You look so beautiful in your new glasses, really. Bi-focals take time to get use to, at least that is what all my friends tell me. I am too chicken to get them. I'm still getting those walmart magnifying glassed. I think it is time for me to get the real deal, and I hate it!! Anyway, it sounds like a day spent in your pj's would be a good thing for you, just some total relaxing and self pampering.
You have been on my mind so much lately. I did not forget what you shared with me a few weeks ago, when Mel was in the hospital. It meant a lot to me....I know that wasn't easy for you. Maybe at some point we can "talk" if you feel like bringing all that up again. I am sure it was a very painful time for you. I'll give you my e-mail, just in case.... cheryle@twcny.rr.com
In the mean time, take it easy and enjoy your break.
Sending peace and blessings your way.
XOXOXO

Trinity said...

Stacey, beautiful women always look beautiful with or without glassed.. :-) Those glasses suit you well!

Stacey, these days are difficult for me and people do misunderstand me in many perspective.

Having a friend like you who really move to defend me really touch my heart! No words can describe how thankful I am for what you are doing. That man is not my friend at all, he just came to my blog and left me that comment. Anyway, if he really has a good will in doing that, I thank him. I do learn to improve my English (I don't really understand what he is talking about actually!)

I know I am okay, I just need some time to think of what I should do. If I can't do people copy all my posts, I should find something to make these bad things into good things... I hope I can do it. Rom 8:28, I hold that verse in my heart.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

You look FABULOUS Dahling! I have heard those bi-focal thingies take some getting used to - hang in there! You can look FABULOUS and not feel loopy at the same time soon!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! After a busy day of mission work yesterday I'm observing a true Sabbath today (meaning I'm being a sloth).

Memarie Lane said...

You look so smart! I need to get a pair with clear lenses, maybe people will take me more seriously.

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Gidge...you crack me up! I can't believe you left him that comment! That's great! Apparently he got a kick out of you too since he linked to your comment. That guy was a jerk. Trinity is a much better person than I...I would left him a post to go and ...anyway.... Hope you had a great Sunday today. Did ya get to preach anY????

Anonymous said...

Stacey, as you've already heard, you look wonderful in those glasses! But I think it's funny that your eyes are lopsided LOL How can only one eye need correcting? How long have you been going around with one eye closed? Is this a genetic thing? Maybe your kids should be checked for eye-closing-syndrome or something.

;)

Misty DawnS said...

You've got that Hot Sexy Librarian look going on! Love the glasses.