Oct 3, 2007

I Seriously Need To Run Faster!

Katja's been playing a little tag, and because she's got wayy longer (and thinner) legs than I do, I couldn't outrun her. I tried but she still got me (I think she pulled my hair, but I'm not sure!). So here it is, the Ten Years Meme Tag!
Ten years ago, in 1997

1. Gave birth To Alex--9 pounds 14 oz, 21.5" long. I'm supposed to list three things here, but honestly, that was my year. No moves, no transitions other than a baby, nothing. Not even a new car!

Five years ago, in 2002 (this one's hard, guys; the worst year of my life)

1. Buried my father, who died unexpectedly at 59--I loved my father with all my heart and I know despite his many mistakes, he loved his girls.
2. Four months later, buried my sister, Jamee. If you know me at all by now, you know the depth of my grief.
3. Worked my way in and out of anger for many reasons, some of which I have never touched upon here, and not sure I ever can or will.

Three years ago, 2004

1.Jamee's husband remarries. I only want the best for him, for the kids, yet I fell into deep despair with this. It was too early for me and I couldn't handle it. I didn't attend, and feelings were hurt where they weren't meant to be. But I couldn't do it. Now, definitely I'm strong enough.
2. Last time I saw my little sister--this is a very long sad story. I continue to hope she will be part of my life, but that hope is fading into more of a knowing in my soul that she will not.
3. My family has crumbled by now and I cling to God, John and the kids, my wonderful friends, church family and in-laws. I begin to teach myself to view family not by the blood we share, but by the tears and laughter we share.

One year ago, in 2006

1. We had moved the year previous and were settling into our new neighborhood.
2. Two of my children are in high school and John and I learn (sometimes the hard way) how to parent teenagers.
3. I have an hysterectomy and quit smoking (but then you already knew that!)

So far this year, in 2007

1. I began my first blog--and haven't stopped blogging since!
2. Met up with both Cat and GiGi--how lucky can a blogging girl get?!
3. Begin my journey into homeschooling our son, Alex (that 9lb 14oz baby!).

Yesterday

1. Drove my work in the carpool (a 2.5 hour endeavor)
2. A little housework never hurt anyone--not saying I did or didn't do any.
3. Typing--did some typing (should be working on that now too!)

Today -- It's My BIRTHday!

1. Homeschool
2. Birthday lunch with my favorite SIL Debbie!
3. Church for dinner, study (make fun of Cat a little) and back home to type again.

I'm supposed to do tomorrow & next year, but I'm afraid unless God has another directive, it'll be boring--typing and probably a nursing home visit with Mr. John. Then more typing! Next year, I pray our lives will continue to be blessed with friends we love, family we love and a life that is being lived out with meaning and purpose--with a lot of fun in there somewhere!

I'm going to tag a few friends I haven't tagged in awhile: First, FAQ--haven't heard from here in awhile. Eileen, entertain us! And finally...hmmm.....Misty, have you done this one yet?

9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, my friend! I hope you had an awesome day. Wish I could take you out for...do you drink coffee? Oh, well, best wishes will have to do.

I enjoyed this post and learning more about you. I hear a wounded spirit in there, BUT, you are victorious! You are truly blessed with a family that loves and friends who care about you too. you bring joy to a lot of people--including ME! :)

Happy happy day, friend. I'm glad you were born 40 years ago today.
xxooxxoo

Anonymous said...

Happy Birfday to youuuuuu
Happy Birfday to youuuuuu
Happy Birfday dear Staceyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

happy Birfday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

UD <-- cuppa coffee :)

D... said...

I'm so sorry 2002 was such a horrific year for you. But I am thankful that you had so many wonderful people in your life to help you get thru it.

I have never seen Monk, I hear it's good tho. I'm with you on Roseanne. I almost put that on my list but changed my mind at the least minute. I did that because the very last season was AWFUL. ;)

Hope your day was great, sweet friend! Muah!

Katie said...

Ha-pee birthday to you
Ha-pee birthday to you
ha-pee birthday dear Staaaaaaceyyyyyy
Ha-pee birthday to you!

Lots of love, I hope it was a great day!

xoxo
K

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you!

Thank you for sharing your life with us. It's great to see your progress in your life. I wish you the best and have a wonderful life!

Keep up your smile. That make me happy too!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY belated birthday. you're a strong one. Love ur blog! Keep it up~

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

You are a prime example of the saying "What doesn't kill you will make you strong"...I don't see ya dead, but I do see a very strong woman who has an incredibly contagious sense of humor.

I'm so glad I got a chance to chat at you (and Cat!) yesterday. I'll call ya later...

Anonymous said...

I meant to mention, I did this meme a few years ago, and it was interesting to see the answers - I should update it!

Misty DawnS said...

First - HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You don't look a day over 21! You're so beautiful, my friend. I hope your birthday is just as beautiful!

I'll accept this tag... since it's your birthday and all! But, I can't do it until AFTER the Indians game!