Aug 23, 2007

When I've Got Money....Pigs Fly

Dear Janice, my Twist & Skewer girlfriend in blog-life--tagged me for a meme the other day. The question is this: What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Then you copy and paste the info below, linking your site up with your answer. And as you can see by my answer on the bottom, I'm not going to give it a lot of thought. Because it's me, and winning a million dollars just won't be happening to me! It just doesn't! Although, I will admit I had a long winning streak of blog-contests, no doubt about it! So....I'll just sit back and watch those silly little pigs fly when I do win that cool mil.
Proposition: If you Have $1,000,000.00…………………………Requirements: continue above sentencesTag Mode: 5 bloggersLink: Add your anchor and post link below.What They Do With Their $1 Million1. SYH will spend for Family2. Miche will give to the needy3. Montessorimum will keepsake4. Lovely Mummy will spend & save5. MummyInVain will fully utilise6. Babyfiona will buy house and open business7. MonkeyWong will go for a long vacation8. Emila Yusof will realise her dream9. Mariuca will open a Perfume Gallery10.Janice Ng will upgrade house and go for long vacation11.Hin will blog to donate for charity12.Bobo will invest in property and let her parents go on a holiday.13. Adrian will spend it all!14. Brad will spend all of his money on foolish gadgets15.Danielle will buy a cottage in the woods and never look back16. Brown Baron will hold a $17,500 blog contest.17. Bobby will be on a World vacation forever.18. Arsenal Marketing will Tithe 10%, use 10K for advertising, Invest the rest19. Barrett will do ALOT of Traveling20. Mommibee will Give, Pay Loan and Education Fund21. Sean will go for family22. Seiche would Fix you but good23. HollyGL will invest, invest, invest in herself and others24. Nick will waste away his small fortune25. SpeedCat will Buy 2 golf holes!26. Florencetoh will settle her education & ensure her family’s future is looked after.27. Minibites will build a house, etc28. Ingrid would do the sensible thing financially… 29. Bengbeng will relocate to Penang30. Jean Chia will open a ‘pet’s clothing cum cafe’ store 33. JaniceNW give it to charity.34. Stacey will sit and watch the pigs fly overhead! 35. Kelly will stretch that mil into a billion dollars!

And now...........................for all of ya'll who have heard me not once, but twice tell you I'm all over the CD you won in my blog contest--yeah. Not done. Yet. But....I have printed off the labels and will burn the CDs tonight. Which can only mean one thing--they will mail off tomorrow evening! I truly am sorry, I didn't mean to not do it--this homeschool is taking a wee bit longer than I figured in. However, I truly enjoy doing this with Alex and I'm sure when we get our pace rolling we'll have more free time. For now, here's a picture of where he did his History reading (Pocahantas):
Isn't that cool? And if you look carefully to his right, on the loveseat, you can see just a little piece of his favorite classmate nowadays. It's Louie. You'd think a 50 pound dog on 3" leg who must be somewhere around 13 or 14 years old couldn't get up on the loveseat. But he can. He climbs up slowwwwwly. Like a sloth. He thinks that way we won't notice.

If I had a million dollars, I'd pay off my house, my car, the next four years of Jake's college, put $20,00 away for each of my neices for college and go to England this next June to celebrate my 40th birthday. After all that was said and done, if I had a couple of hundred thousand left, which I likely would, I'd quit teaching and write and do art all day long. I'd probably volunteer, too, at the local YWCA for young pregnant moms, and women in abusive marriages and at the local literacy places helping people to learn to read and write. Hey, I can live on a couple hundred thousand for a long time! I'm a teacher, after all. 32 grand does me okay each year with all the payments I have to make, so without the monthly debt, wow...I'd be in heaven. (Here ya go, my friend, Kelly, I did it for ya on my post--that's how much I love you!)

7 Comments:

Unknown said...

Louie is so dang cute!!! I love those eyes . . . it's like he's saying "moooo-oooom, stop staying my picture" :)

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

That's one thing that homeschoolers have....classrooms are anywhere!!

Your dog is a hoot!

So....how are ya??

Anonymous said...

First of all, Alex is sitting in a reading nook just like I have at school! How darn cute is that!

Second, if understood the blogging world, I'd link up and answer this question properly, but I don't know how!

If I had a million dollars, I'd pay off my house, my car, the next four years of Jake's college, put $20,00 away for each of my neices for college and go to England this next June to celebrate my 40th birthday. After all that was said and done, if I had a couple of hundred thousand left, which I likely would, I'd quit teaching and write and do art all day long. I'd probably volunteer, too, at the local YWCA for young pregnant moms, and women in abusive marriages and at the local literacy places helping people to learn to read and write. Hey, I can live on a couple hundred thousand for a long time! I'm a teacher, after all. 32 grand does me okay each year with all the payments I have to make, so without the monthly debt, wow...I'd be in heaven.

Of course, when pigs fly I'll have this kind of money!

D... said...

I love the new look! I have the same chance of winning 1 mil as you. I'll watch the pigs flying with you.

No need to apologize! I totally understand that the busy season is upon is. Thank you for the prayers! They were definitely needed.

Katja said...

Wow, homeschooling, new look, everything, I'm impressed! The flying pigs... I saw a lot of those in Ft. Rucker, Alabama, where US Army has their flight school.

Hey, the CD.. If you didn't send it yet, can you send it here:
PO BOX 1081
Durango, CO 81302

We are moving next week, yeah, in short notice, just decided last Saturday... Crazy times, but we got a chance to live in the mountains,with bears on the backyard, and who could say no to that? Didn't even have to pay that 1M for it, we are going to rent it :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Loved the post! I added you to my millionaire meme! Glad to have stumbled across your blog, I will be back soon to check out what's new!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I. Love. Louie.