Aug 22, 2007

Not Quite The Same Thing, Hannity!

A few weeks back, okay maybe three, everyone probably remembers the Faith Hill/Tim McGraw concert where she tells the crotch-grabbing fan what for. And it was pretty big news that week, all over the place. Even Sean got into the fray.

Of course, he's pretty tight with his longtime friend, rocker Ted Nugent. So....that's the direction he took. Bummer! (did I just say that?)

He interviewed Ted's wife, Shemane Nugent. And after listening to Mrs. Nugent carry on and on about the abhorrent behavior of the women who follow these rockstars with abandon, I had to do a little "pshh!". (okay, big one) Yeah, cannot IMAGINE why those women throw themselves at your husband, Shemane. Could it be....oh, dunno, maybe, well..... it could be this, Shemane: one of the songs that built that wild-game-hunting, open-fire-pit-grilling fantasyland of yours is Cat Scratch Fever!!! It could be that. I'm just throwing out ideas here, though.
Cat Scratch Fever

Well I don't know where they come from
But they sure do come
I hope they comin' for me
And I don't know how they do it
But they sure do it good
I hope they doin' it for free
They give me cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
The first time that I got it
I was just ten years old
I got it from some kitty next door
I went and see the Dr. and He gave me the cure
I think I got it some more
They give me cat scratch fever
Cat scratch fever
It's nothin dangerous
I feel no pain
I've got to ch-ch-change
You know you got it when you're going insane
It makes a grown man cryin' cryin'
Won't you make my bed
I make the pussy purr with
The stroke of my hand
They know they gettin' it from me
They know just where to go
When they need their lovin man
They know I do it for free
They give me cat scratch fever

I'm probably gonna get reamed by this one, but Mrs. Nugent needn't attempt to convince me of her indignance regarding fans of the womanly persuasion who get out of hand at her husband's concerts. He can take care of himself. After all, he's been doin it since he was just 10 years old! I believe she knew what she was buying into. She didn't marry Barry Manilow. She's gettin it for free, what is she complaining about?!

I don't think the Tim McGraw incident is the same situation at all. I think it shouldn't have happened to him (not loving how Faith handled it, but not hating it either). However, Mr. Hannity, (whom, by the way, I adore) you cannot draw a parrallel between the married couples. If you can make a good case for it, then I'll send you a dozen roses. But they'll be dandilions. But same thing, really.

5 Comments:

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

I LOVE IT when you get on your war path!

Sharon Sews said...

Oh goodie! It's been awhile since you've had a post like this one , LOL! Well stated btw...

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Well....look at your new look!!! Doesn't your site look all sophisticated and such....

BTW - you look nothing like Parker Posey! Now Tata and Carol Vorderman pictures look more like it!! Although you definitely have Hilary Swanks eyes (or she's has yours...you know)

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Wow...you do look like Rachel Ray! I did it and the first photo I used it said I looked like Kirk Douglas!!

It never showed Kate Walsh, but said I was mostly Rachel Stevens (WHO?? and YEAH RIGHT!) and Scarlett Johansen... rightokuhhuhsurewhatever.

Misty DawnS said...

This is way off topic, but since I'm feeling way off topic these days, you'll forgive me (I hope). Anyway - my dad (yes, my dad) looks so much like Ted Nugent it's uncanny! They even think the same as far as hunting and fishing. It's kinda like they were twins separated at birth! I just recently found out that Ted owns some land out here near me, and that he comes out here hunting, and stops for a drink afterwards. I want SO badly to walk into a bar when Ted is there and have my dad with me - it would be like introducing long lost twins to each other!