Aug 16, 2007

Throwback Thursday

It'll be 16 years ago this Saturday. Our son, Cody, was born. And our daughter, Nicole, who was 22 months old here, is slowly finding her way up into my lap. There's apprehension here, but then as you can see, she quickly warms up to her baby brother. In the years to follow, this girl has been an amazing protector of her brother, always holding his hand to calm him in uncertainty (and to calm herself, I'm sure). They're were inseparable, much like my sister Jamee and myself.


We see glimpses of it every now and again--like here. I blogged it the other day, this is Cody walking near Niki so guys lining the streets to watch the car burnouts would stop whistling and hollering at her. So the tables have turned--he is her protector now. I like that.
For more great Throwback's head over to Pinks & Blues!

15 Comments:

Cat said...

Awww what great pictures of them! there is nothing like a brother/sister kind of thing. I wish my boys had a sister to protect.lol

My brother is one of my best friends.

Shana said...

I am a big sister. There is 4 1/2 years between my brother and I. I always looked after him. It is so true that the roll has reversed a bit now that we are older.

Unknown said...

I noticed a bit of role reversal this past weekend when my son (11) got upset at some boys at IHOP trying to get the attention of his sister (13). Those are great pictures and it must make you feel better knowing that she has a brother to look after her.

Misty DawnS said...

What a beautiful post! That is so very sweet that they have such a special relationship. I absolutely love that he walked close to her to keep the guys from whistling - way to go lil' bro!

D... said...

That is exactly how I would describe my 2 children. And I know one day the roles will reverse and I'll like that too.
Great post!

Crazed Nitwit said...

Great photos. She was so adorable. It's great they get along. My kids don't seem to like each very much this year.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I love that they have this kind of relationship!

Those photos of Nikki meeting Cody for the first time are adorable! How special!

Happy TT!

Jane, P&B Girls

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Awwwhhhh...aren't they dang cute! And look at your! Lookin' all good after just having Cody! Very impressive, Ms. Hotie!

Anonymous said...

That really is so sweet. My oldest son is a great protector of his baby sister and now baby brother. I love that! Thanks for sharing them with us :)

Katie said...

Great pictures!

MomOf4 said...

Wow! These are such neat pictures! I have a daughter who is 2 years older than my first son and 3 1/2 years older than my second son. I love the bond!

Katja said...

Love the pics! That is so neat that they are still buddies, and he is actually protecting her now.

In a way I don't my kids to grow up, but on the other hand, I can't wait! So I can see them being how your kids are right now.

Sharon Sews said...

Oh! Such sweet, sweet photos. What a wonderful job you have done raising them to love and care for each other so much.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted a protective older brother to look out for me. They're so lucky to have each other!

Anonymous said...

I love the big brother protector shot and post.