Aug 2, 2007

I Think, I Blog...I Blog..I Think (Usually)

This could sound a bit nerdy, but I've always coveted The Thinking Blogger Award. And finally I get to put it uppp on my credentials case! The lovely Katja has bestowed this upon me at her blog Skimbaco, and on her 100th post no less. So happy 100th and thank you, Katja, I think we're practially twins too. Okay, sans the beautiful hair and drop-dead figure she has going on. Me, that is. You--you're all that AND a candy apple (they've been on my mind lately, I'm fighting it but idk, may need to hunt one down).

So now the award gets passed on from here, and this is the part I seriously dislike--how do I pick one and not the other? Here goes--and if your name isn't uppp, it's not that you don't think, I just didn't think, that's all.

Funny, funny funny and loveable GiGi. I'm not sure it's legal to be a pastor's wife and be this funny and slightly bent, but she is. But it IS South Missouri, where she resides, so maybe this is okay. (giggle) She's a wife, a mom, part time computer geek, and daughter of missionaries. I thoroughly enjoy those posts, I never considered until now what it felt like to be outside my comfort zone so completely for so long.

Sewing is a passion, but only second to clowning around. Seriously, my friend Sharon and her father do the clown thing for real! Complete with face painting and balloons, as a community service. And it doesn't stop there....no no no...she's also a dancing librarian, she dances with library cars in parades (could I MAKE this up? it's TRUE). Her words crack me up from time to time, her energy makes me feel 100 years old, and I am a better person for knowing her.


My friend Cheryl at Word Quilts has about the most generous heart I've seen. She sees a person in need of lifting and lifts (I was recently blessed enough to be on the receiving end). Cheryl is exactly the kind of person I want around me when my day isn't going well--she chooses her thoughts (emails as well) and carefully blogs them. I've learned a few things about empathy from this lovely lady.

I have a new friend, "D" who lives in TX under the name USO Girl. Love that her blog was originated to entertain Coastie Bro, her brother who is in the military as we speak. Funny funny funny, entertaining and often remembering to put in a little something for her brother when she posts. I'd be missing her if her blog washed away with all that Texas rain she talks about! She's the BFF to my last award winner, B/S.

Finally, and this one is completely different than my usual--Ethan. Ethan is the youth pastor at our church and usually posts only on Fridays. When he posts, I think. Which is what the award is about, right? If you're needing some theological insight to life, or if you just need to know how long it took him to read Harry Potter, then say hello to Ethan. He's really very good at this writing/thinking thing. (Ethan, that gets me out of overnight youth duty for another year, right??)

I know y'all get sick of the spiel...but I truly mean it when I say I wish I coulda picked ALL of you. I adore ALL of you more than you know. Blogging is a way of opening up a new window into our lives, reaching out to people we wouldn't have gotten to otherwise, and I love that part! Think on think on....

PS--I think I'm doing a giveaway soon---what do ya'll think of me giving away some custom CDs straight from my blog? Pretty much 70s & 80s with my face pasted on the cover...is that too narcissistic?

12 Comments:

Ethan said...

I'm honored to be a part of your blogging community! Thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

Awww, great award! I have coveted that one too LOL

Misty DawnS said...

Congratulations Stacey! You definitely deserve this! I LOVE your blog!

Cat said...

Congrats GF! and Great list of people you chose there!

Hmmm I would so love to win the CD!

Katja said...

Yeah! I'm diggin' the KC's song, and I would love to win the Stay-C's Blog Jam Vol 1. made by the fa-bu-lous DJ Stay-C, including shout outs of course.

Thanks for your comments, I was a while stunned for the kindness, kind of like when I got the Award to begin with. I'm this round person that doesn't fit in any box and it just overwhelms me that some people actually think I'm ok. Even if you just liked my hair from the early 90's :) But I'm sensitive about my hair, so thank you.

Hugs, Katja

Anonymous said...

Oh, you go girl! Totally a thinking blogger.

Boppin' to your music as I type... totally do that giveaway, you narcissist!!! :)

Jane, P&B Girls

D... said...

Oh, wow, wow, wow! I am touched and honored. Thank you, Stacey. Really. This is way cool!

And congrats on your award! Very well deserved. :D I also happen to think that giveaway would be way cool. Totally you!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!! You deserve this :) I love coming over to your blog for a nice retreat.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Stacey. Your blog is high on my list! You are a lady with a lot of love and fun to share. I love your sense of humor.

I am blown away by your kind words and the award. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now it's my turn to be speechless! :) I feel very special to be part of your blogroll. Thank you! xxoo

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Shut up! Get out! You aren't just stringing me along?!?!

Aw, shucks...you think I think?

...sigh...

Think you just might be my new entire-net BFF!!!

Cat said...

Brown noser!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Congrats Stacey Girl! A well-deserved award (and I'm so proud you passed it on to d!!).

I would totally take the Stacey Mixx CD - WITH your face on the cover! Where do I enter???