Jun 7, 2007

Winning Week (what's up with that?)

After years of not winning a single drawing drawing (seriously), I'm happy to say I broke that streak and have in the past few weeks won not one, but TWO! I should be out buying Powerball tickets in multiple quantities, maybe later. The beautiful nautically themed quilt I won from Coffee Mom arrived (along with three chocolate bars...thanks, Kathleen because I need those...). I don't have a picture posted of it yet, but I will before the day is out so come back! She obviously has great talent here, and I secretly covet that ability! I love to sew but cannot hand sew for the life of me! Thanks, Kathleen, I'm loving this quilt.

Last weekend while at a Vacation Bible School meeting (believe it or not, they do allow me to take part every year, lol) I won a backpack. Okay okay, mine was the second name drawn, but still counts, yeah huh it does. It's part of the sports theme we're doing this year, made to look like a basketball jersey. Again, photo will be upppp soon. I'm sorry, I am not doing well with this back to work thing, but eventually I get things done!


Okay, this next part I do have a photo of...the first of our neighborhood's swim team meets was last night; and while I missed the first half for a prior committment, I got to see my son Cody swim one event. It's his first year on the swim team (we've only been in this hood for two) and he did a fabulous job! He took first in his first two events (which I missed!), and I...I mean HE...will get ribbons for all of them. So...because I'm the mommy, I get to brag a little and post the few pictures I did get there in time to snap! I'm a bit biased, but I think my son Cody is amazing, he gives everything he does 100%. And he's aDORable.




Okay....this is 1/2 of what I promised....the quilt (and candybars!). It's hard to see, but it's a nautical quilt and has been largely hand-quilted. It's truly a work of art....thanks Coffee Mom! (I look a little wired here--I'm very sleepy, working like mad and it's showing...ugh! so cut me a little slack, plz--hehe it almost looks like I'm cross-eyed in the first one).

13 Comments:

Cat said...

Way to go Cody!!!! Thats Awesome!

Ahh man, see if I was there that was probably my backpack! LOL

I need to let them know I can be a helper!
ohh and we still on for Friday??

Shelby said...

awwwwww the VBS days - I have fond memories . . .

take care and happy Thursday.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see the quilt pictures. Looks like you won some prizes in June :). I never won any kind of drawings in my life

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

She sent you chocolate?!?! Ok...I need to talk to this Coffee Chic...I mean Mom. How do I get in with her???

Dude...Cody's built perfect for a swimmer. That's awesome he's getting good at it. Proud mama!!

Anonymous said...

Yay Cody! That's awesome! Audrey and I were swimmers for years and years, so we know the amount of commitment that goes into that sport! (And so do our Mom and Dad - they drove us to practices for all those years!)

And congrats on YOUR win, too! Definitely go get those Powerball tickets!!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Oh...you. are. NOT. clutching. those. candybars! You act like Cat and I might stalk your bars.

Cat, what ya doing tonight?!?!!? Mwaaahaaaaa!!!!

Cat said...

I can be over there in 20 minutes FLAT! LOL

Love Love Love the quilt!

Kat said...

Nice quilt! Winning stuff is always fun!

Jenny said...

Congrats on your wins! the quilt is so pretty...and the chocolate...well, that's always good stuff! lol!!

Katie said...

Hey , nice quilt! You didn't share any of that chocolate did you? It's all for you !

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Love the quilt - AND the chocolate!! Congrats!

(I have a son named Cody, too!)

Cherry said...

Nice quilt :D. I tried access your blog earlier but looks like blogger is having PMS.

Don't worry your candy bar is yours lol

Anonymous said...

Love the photos! And being a former competitive swimmer myself - congrats to Cody! Yeah!! Those photos are great... love the one of him diving in!! And he got a ribbon too, that's awesome!!
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues Girls