Jun 14, 2007

Help Out The Monkees

I've just learned the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame does not deem The Monkees worthy. Oh, what can it mean? I would have a LOT to say about that if I weren't too busy singing to put anybody down. However, with not a trace of doubt in my mind, this is wrong, very very wrong. My sister Jamee adored these little guys, they made her laugh (I caught onto them much later, they need to take a spelling course). For this reason alone, I'm all about The Monkees. So what can we do? Follow that link to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, click on the contact link and, well contact them right now!

We cannot rest until The Monkees are given due recognition. Because, darnnit, they are The Monkees!! I am determined (see determined photo below) to gather my friends together, rise to the occasion and fix this outrage. It will happen, I'm a believer. We will only rest when it's done, so pass this onto all the Monkee lovers you know and make it happen...then and only then will we have time for coffee flavored kisses. And a bit of conversation.

8 Comments:

Cat said...

"hey hey were the monkees, people say we monkee around, but were to busy singing , to put anybody down."

yes,used to watch their show. Not often but a few! LOL

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Soooooo....what prompted the search to find out this horrible realization??

It does seem awfully sinful. They had their own show for goodness-sake!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Oh yeah...they SO got my 2 cents worth. We told them!!!

Stacey said...

Gigi, you're the best! I hope you don't get audited next year, they do have that power you know!

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Oops!

(Side note...girl, sounds like you need a proper date. 'Neckin' in the back seat and all!)

I'm off to get some kind of Father's Day gift for the man from the boys. I was actually thinking of getting the same thing you were! He got a new grill last month and needs some new toys. Hope you guys have a great weekend and watch out for ball-o-ters!!!

PinksandBluesGirls said...

I agree! Come on, they're more worthy than a lot of the acts that are already in there!

Good for you for spreading the word about this worthy cause!! ;) I'm serious!!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I heart the Monkees!!!!

Sharon Sews said...

Where, oh, where is Marcia Brady, (the Davy Jones biggest fan ever you'll remember), when you need her...