May 23, 2007

Cupcake Apron Time!

I've been working on this apron for two weeks now--it takes that long when I manage to only devote ten minutes a day, lol! It seems I just get down to my sewing room and the phone rings. That, or I remember I was supposed to be somewhere else rather than in my sewing room.


In the end I'm very happy with the look, the contrasting textures in the fabric. The chenille on the bottom lends more than just a contrasting texture, the skirt hangs so nicely because it's just a tad bit of bottom weight. Here it is, finally completed--it makes me want a blue cupcake and I don't believe I've ever eaten a blue cupcake. I listed it this morning in my Etsy shop and hope this afternoon to list several more.

On a final note, a very dear friend of mine sent me a list of rules yesterday (you may have already seen them) and I laughed so hard I cried. Some of the rules are PAINFULLY true--I'll put a few up for you. ( I miss my friends that moved so far away, I sometimes just need to see their familiar faces!) I think these hit my funny bone because I think it sometimes, I didn't know other people did, too! Enjoy a few New Rules on me (thanks, Amisue):

New Rule: The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the asshole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one sweet-n'-Low, and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge asshole.

New Rule: I'm not the cashier! By the time I look up from sliding my card, entering my PIN number, pressing "Enter," verifying the amount, deciding no, I don't want cash back, and pressing "Enter" again, the kid who is supposed to be ringing me up is standing there eating my Almond Joy.

New Rule: Just because your tattoo has Chinese characters in it doesn't make you spiritual. It's right above the crack of your ass. And it translates to "beef with broccoli." The last time you did anything spiritual, you were praying to God you weren't pregnant. You're not spiritual. You're just high.

10 Comments:

Katie said...

Really cute apron! I love cupcakes. A little too much I'm afraid!
Good rules, always remember that just because they give you all those choices at Starbucks doesn't mean you have to take them up on it! A good laugh!
I sent your package out yesterday! Let me know when it arrives!

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Funny new rules. Thank goodness I just get an Americano, puts me toward the other end of that list, but that's partially because I could never remember all the ingredients to order it. Your apron is cute.

Cat said...

Love the apron!!! If I baked more I would tell you to make me one! LOL
Those Rules are too True!!! I loved them!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable apron! Just love it! And I about died laughing at the new rules - and totally agree 100% with the one about the cashier! I think this every time I'm checking out at Target!!
xo,
Kim

Anonymous said...

That apron is adorable! I love the cupcakes. I wish I was crafty.

Those rules are just hilarious... so, so true! I was cracking up at the Almond Joy one.

Thanks for the laugh!

Jane, Pinks & Blues Girls

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Your post said ass...[insert beavis and butthead laugh]

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

Oh yeah, seriously. I loved the list obviously and the apron was too cute. Aren't you handy?

Gina said...

I really like that apron! Using the chenille was a nice touch!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

jenny said...

I couldn't comment on your Friday's feast post for some reason, but I had to comment about your cheesecake---oops! I didn't think of that!

But I really wanted to comment on your photos of your sister and you---I have similar photos of my sister and I on the flag corps in high school. So nice to see your tribute to your sister. Your loss makes me appreciate still having my sister. Thanks!

Henny Penny said...

Great apron!

The tattoo rule? LOL