May 20, 2008

The Girlie Garage Is Ready For You


All I have to say is....I have the best blog friends in the whole blogosphere. I'm coming around to each of you tonight, but still wanted to thank you for your caring right now. It was absolutely amazing to know I have such genuinely caring friends. So thank you. This, too, shall pass.
And, because I hole up and get creative when I'm down and out, I put together a QP of the Girlie Garage Kit....head over to the digi if you want it. For FREE. I figured Niki's first car photo fit in here nicely...I'd show you mine if I had photos...and if I thought an orange Pinto would look sassy up there! Mom, do you have any orange Pinto photos for my friends? Or the red Pinto Wagon?
You know, when the evil not-the-step-momma insisted we three Poirier girls were too spoiled, she wasn't kidding...all the kids coveted our Pintos...all of them. One had to learn to be quick with the elbow and able to continue lighthearted conversation with one's friends while walking down the halls. At least until one finally got a red Chevette. Oh I have me some red Chevette stories.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((you)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

13 Comments:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I had an AMC Hornet - then I inherited my daddy's blue Pinto. Not sure that was a step up.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

My first car was a Hyundai. Think the Pinto would be sassier LOL!

Anonymous said...

My first car that I bought for myself was a brand new hyundai - that wasn't until I was 21 or 22 LOL I drove my parent's cars before that, and I remember one was a dodge dart!

Mom Knows Everything said...

My first car was a K-Car....yep jealous aren't ya? LOL

Queen of Arbitrary Randomness said...

I had a faded-blue 1974 Mustang II.

No, I wasn't spoiled. It was the ugliest car ever made! Trust me, do a Google image search.

D... said...

My first car was a lemon yellow Mazda 626 with a bright blue driver's side door. It cost $10. I had it all of 2mths before it was totaled.

Angela Williams Duea said...

Oooo, you had a hot pinto. Me? I had a light-blue station wagon with about a hunred rust dents from my older sister's driver's ed days.

I could fit eight of my closest friends in there. Ah, the stories...a post for another day!
www.angelawd.com

Sharon Sews said...

My age is showing here, but my first car was a Dodge Dart - $35 bucks - it was heaven! I'm sure I have a photo here somewhere (lookout Flashback Friday!) I just had to remember to fill the radiator with water before I drove anywhere and refill it when I arrived, LOL. But at least it had heat because a few years later I drove a little VW beetle with no heat in the middle of winter - I think I'm still trying to thaw out from that season of driving.

Jim and Jami said...

I had a 1977 Green, with white vinyl top, Dodge Dart Swinger, 2 door.....I think my dad paid $1000 for it.....he bought it from my Great-Uncle.....I had it a short time, then one day, (after I had been in the house for a week after having major dental surgery), I decided I needed a coke from McDonald's.....well my cat and I drove to Mickey D's got the coke, was on the way home and boom, I lost control, landed in the ditch across the road, ended up on the passenger's side up against the door, and my sweet little cat Pumpkin flew from the back window to the front seat near the driver's side.....he never rode with me again.....hehe......

Oh, and by the way let me know when you are getting close to my house, and I will get that pink retro cake ready for you!

Jim and Jami said...

P.S. I made a flip flop cake for my Mother's Day Buffet.....so as soon as I get a picture of it I will post it at saltnchocolate.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

My first car was a tin can called Mazda GLC. It would blow off the road every time there was a strong wind! LOL!

Unknown said...

Stacey, that's what friends are for . . :)

My first car was yuck. I won't even go there.

Misty DawnS said...

I didn't know you were down and out... I'm a lousy blogging buddy! Since I've been working, I haven't been around much because I haven't been able to find time to do everything. I'm so sorry.