Feb 1, 2008

Birthday Dinner, My Little Heart and A Game of Tag. Even I'm Worn Out Now!

Well Cat and I didn't get down to Hillbilly Holler to hang out with coffee filter birthday hats, Aunt Bea, Jen Gi and song. But that didn't stop Cat and I from having an early dinner tonight anyway. Her birthday is Sunday, so it was kinda my treat to her. I have to say I completely enjoyed this dinner, it's been far too long since Cat and I have had time to just sit and chat without kids or husbands hanging around. Kids and husbands are good, though. Just sometimes they're so amazing we don't feel we DESERVE to be around them so much, so we suffered.

The photos I have kinda stink, but the one of Cat is so pretty I think it almost makes up for her half face in the next one! And I'm being quite a good sport, because I don't know what the hey hoo (JenGi, I stole that!) was going on with my hair there! It looks a little Ed Grimley-ish..now I wonder if I left the house like this or if it just happened in the parking lot. Thanks for the mention, Cat. Not!

Onto something very cool--Angela at Mommy Bytes, being a talented knitter had a giveaway. She knitted these little hearts and I really really wanted one. I'd all but forgotten about it when she emailed me last week that I'd won one. It arrived in the mail and it's so cute I now think I have to re-learn to knit. I kinda sorta learned years ago, but knitting wasn't cool then. There are so many fun things out there now, I have to jump on that bandwagon. Angela, thanks, I heart this prize!




Finally, my friend Katja tagged me with this--how fun it this one I ask? Here is low down:

Rule #1: Copy all the links below and replace a single link under the appropriate letter of the alphabet. If your domain name, or even the title of your blog, starts with an “A,” you’d replace the link under that letter and put the replaced link at the bottom. Also, don’t forget to credit the tagger, or where you got the list from, at the end of the list with a full URL of the post, so that a pingback gets generated.

A. An Ordinary Life

B. bloggingcents.com

C. caffeine-overload.com

D. DadThing.com

E. everythingandanythingblog.com

F. From Dates to Diapers

G. GeekMomMashup.com

H. happykeg.comI. ipentimento.com

J. JameeForever.blogspot.com

K. kabalyero.com

L. ladylike4.com

M. mommymandy.com

N. notjustmama.net

O. originalmx5.net

P. peapodsquadstuff.com

Q. qweddings.com

R. rowdigrl.com

S. skimbaco.blogspot.com

T. thesocalledme.net

U. utada-online.net

V. valmg.com

W. wickedbabylon.com

X. xaviermedia.com

Y. yimto.com

Z. zbudapest.com

Replaced link: Julie's Journal

Previous tagger: Skimbaco-Katja

Rule #2: You now have to “tag” at least five people and encourage them to participate so that this thing spreads like a virus. But not a virus. No no, not a virus. That would be wrong.

I'm tagging:

Dawn

JenGi

Aunt Bea

Eileen

Misty Dawn

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, what a fun time you two had and WITHOUT KIDS!! That sounds like double fun.

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Oooh, how I love Mom's Night Out!
Just had one last night, in fact. :)
Those little hearts are c-u-t-e!

Misty DawnS said...

So glad you and Cat had a change to go enjoy each other's company. I hope the suffering wasn't too horrible due to being away from the husbands and kids.

That heart you won is so pretty! I love the colors in it!

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

D and I need a Ladies' Night Out from time to time. It always involves apple pie.

Are you even allowed to use the word "virus" on the Internet? Won't the Internet Police come investigate you or something?

Unknown said...

So happy for you on the dinner out. I hope it was fabulous. The pictures are too cute :)

D... said...

I'm glad you & Cat had a good time! Bubba's Sis & I almost had a Ladies' Night Out. The kids were with us, but they ate at a different table.

I really like that knitted heart. I wish I had asked my grandmother to teach me how to knit. Who knew I'd ever have the desire to learn?

Anonymous said...

Girl had an awesome time catching up with you! I hope we can do that again really soon.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

That heart really is cute! Looks like you're going to have a new hobby!

Anonymous said...

Stacey, thanks so much for blogging about the heart! Those are really great pictures.
- Angela.

Jenny86753oh9 said...

Stacey! How the hey-hoo am I supposed to do this this tagging thing?...My blog starts with a number?!?!?