Dec 8, 2007

GiGi, Cat & Gidget, Part One:

It's been a quiet day today..this morning our home was filled with laughter, a last minute rush to get in conversations, and then as quickly as they came, they left. GiGi and her family slid away on the freshly fallen sheet of ice. I miss her already. She's incredibly easy to talk to, I selfishly want her to sell it all and move up here to the Kansas City area. Right now.

Some of you might know that Cat and GiGi are the first two friends I made when I began blogging. Cat lives very close by, goes to the same church, and is a very dear friend I see quite a lot of. But Gi lives a few hours south, so I haven't seen her since our whirlwind hour at Silver Dollar City this summer.

As I go through the pictures, I realize to tell it right, it's going to take two, possibly three posts. If I did it in one, you'd be bored to tears, and that would be no good at all! Nope...so part one right here.

GiGi landing on our porch just after our first measurable snow arrived, which was very cool because we went through the Christmas In The Park lights display the first night, and those lights look so much more amazing in the snow. If you can take a look at GiGi's smile and find you're NOT smiling back, you might need to look into that. It's just not possible--she's that adorable.

When the lovely Cat and her family arrived, we downed some pizza and got ready for Christmas Tour Part One! We split up, guys & kids car and ladies car! Before we took off, though, we took the traditional shoe pic....

Whose Shoes Are Whose?


Right here--Cat, Gidget (Me) and GiGi (who admits she's a little afraid of the skull sneakers...but I have a fear of GiGi shirts, so it's a wash)

Here's me with Cat girl
And here's me with Gi girl! I can't tell you how excited I have been to be able to do that! I know, I know, I need to get a life!
This is the guy mobile--Cat's husband is the handsome gangsta in the driver's seat, her son is peeking out the window. And the good-looking guy in the background would be my Johnny. We're getting the traditional hot cocoa for the trip through the lights. We gave the guys a two way so we could talk to them when we wanted, and Gi's husband J entertained us througout the drive. He's pretty funny...ask him about his rabbit humor sometime. For my money, the best part of the night was just being in a car with the three of us trying to get in as much conversation as we could cram into such a short time!
GiGi's little boys, Little Man and Gremlin, cannot be done justice if I tried. But I will try to tell you how adorable and extremely polite they were. John and I got a kick out of both of them...it's been awhile since we've had little guys that young around. They are little treasures. I don't recall ever meeting children so excited about being here, which made it just that much more fun for us.

So after the lights, Cat and her fam headed for home and GiGi was good for about ten more minutes, lol. You can literally watch the sleepiness overtake her eyes, it's like a switch turns her off right in front of you!

I've got so many photos of the next night, so I'm going to just slam you with them tomorrow. I'll give you a teaser photo, though...our meals were delivered by a train. And we wore little train hats. And we like our train hats. A lot.
Posted by Picasa
**I confess I went back to bed when they left and haven't felt quite myself most of the day, which is why this post took so darn long to get to. I haven't done that in such a long time--I slept from 11:30 until 2:00! I'm hoping for no sickies this week, I don't have time for sickies!!

11 Comments:

Donna. W said...

So obviously, a good time was had by all! I'm off to google to see where, in the Kansas City area, I can go to get my meal served by a train.

D... said...

No sickies this week!! Take good care of yourself.

I am postively thrilled that ya'll had such a good time together. I totally understand trying to cram so much conversation into such a short amount of time. I can tell that there was much laughter going on as well.

Can't wait for the next parts!

Katie said...

Glad you girls had such a good time. Only one thing could have made it better, and that would be if I was there! he he he!!

I need the addy of where this shirt is to go next. I can send it out tomorrow :-)

Anonymous said...

It looks like you guys had a blast!!!
Get back to me as soon as you can about a visit over the holidays. I'll be off from Dec. 22 through January 1. We must get together so you can see my new ring!

Love ya,

Kelly

Maddy said...

Oh now I'm just so darned jealous [not of togetherness but all those perfect sets of gnashers!] {Translation = teeth}
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Anonymous said...

Everyone looks so happy! I bet the time just flew right by. I am so glad you all had a chance to have some girl time. I can thought I heard the laughter all the way here in N.Y.!!!! Glad you had such a great time, with some pretty special ladies. Looking forward to more updates.

Feel better! Hopefully it was just rest you needed and not the sickies.
Love ya!

Trinity said...

Oh what a great time you've been having these days!! The train hats look cool!! hey have you received my gift? Do you like it? I hope Gigi brought the handbag to you .

Yes, no sickies for all of you this week! Keep smiling!

Jim and Jami said...

I am soooo glad to hear that you gals had a great time.....can't wait for the next post to read about your adventures.......

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

Oh the only thing that would make those pictures cuter would be if D and I were in them with ya'll! I'm so jealous of the train hats - I want one, too! Sounds like a wonderfully fun weekend - now, no sickies! There's no time for that nonsense!

Misty DawnS said...

I just read the comment by bubba's sis! Don't forget me!

Can you imagine...
Stacey, GiGi, Cat, Bubba's Sis, D, Misty Dawn...

Watch out world!

Misty DawnS said...

Oh, and...
you gals are total H. O. T. HOTtttt! And with the perfect smiles too!