May 28, 2007

Field Day and a Bit of Trivia!

I was going through the Field Day pics I took of Alex (I love that jump on the right!) and I'm cracking up on the sidelines as I watch him crouch over about to begin the whatever-yard-dash....so serious! Anyway, got to photo of him running with that determined Alex Face (it was very hard not to just to squeeze him and kiss his little face all over, but I stayed my Mommy Distance).

So....back to my thought...I'm a child of the 70's really. I was born in the late 60's, did most of my early childhood in the 70's and graduated in the late 80's. Looking at the Alex running photo here, I was thinking you are definitely a child of the 70's if you know who Joey was and why Joey was running.

My sister Jamee, our neighbor, Jamie, and I would sleepover at each other's houses on Friday nights and re-enact that song over and over again. Jamee and Jamie usually got the hairbrush microphones and I would run in place (ever the resident tomboy), my arms pumping furiously as I dashed for my life. And when the last "Daddy please don't" was sung, all three of us felt her pain, falling to our knees in our I Dream of Jeanne pajamas, arms reaching up, then falling limp as we graciously laid on the ground. Oh, we were that good.




2 Comments:

Cat said...

Boy he sure does look determined in that pic! What a cutie!!!

How was your day?

Girl Gone Wild - BibleStyle said...

OMG! I am laughing so hard at your re-enactment of that song! My girlfriend and I was just as passionate about every. single. song from Grease. And of course Debi Boone's You Light Up My Life!